The Eye Center
33 Riddell Street, Suite 3
8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Eye Care & Ophthalmologists in Greenfield, MA
- Cataract Surgery – A procedure to remove the cloudy lens in your eye and replace it with a clear artificial lens. After the cloudy lens is removed, an artificial lens is inserted into the eye. The artificial lens is made of plastic and is clear, so it allows light to pass through and focus on your retina. The surgery is usually performed on an outpatient basis, and you can go home the same day.
- Dry Eye Treatment – Dry eye is a condition that occurs when your eyes do not produce enough tears or when the tears evaporate too quickly. This can cause your eyes to feel dry, irritated, and uncomfortable. There are many different treatments, including artificial tears, prescription eye drops, and warm compresses.
- LASIK Eye Surgery – a type of refractive eye surgery that uses a laser to reshape the cornea, the clear front part of the eye. This can correct vision problems such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. LASIK surgery is typically performed on an outpatient basis. The procedure takes about 15 minutes per eye. During LASIK surgery, the surgeon uses a laser to create a flap in the cornea. The flap is then folded back, and the underlying tissue is reshaped with the laser. The flap is then replaced, and the eye is allowed to heal.
- General Eye Exams – Eye exams are important for maintaining good vision and detecting eye diseases early. Many eye diseases, such as glaucoma and macular degeneration, have no early symptoms, so regular eye exams are the only way to detect them. Eye exams can also help to diagnose other health conditions, such as diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Glaucoma Treatment – Glaucoma is a group of eye diseases that damage the optic nerve, the nerve that carries visual information from the eye to the brain. This damage can lead to vision loss, and in some cases, blindness. There is no cure for glaucoma, but there are treatments that can help to slow or prevent vision loss. The goal of glaucoma treatment is to lower the pressure inside the eye.
What are the Benefits of LASIK Eye Surgery?
Imagine being able to have a lifestyle with reduced dependence on glasses or even completely glasses free. Can you imagine swimming, skiing or playing sports without the aggravation of glasses or contact lenses? Aside from lifestyle benefits, getting LASIK in Greenfield will enable you to function in life better by seeing the alarm clock at night or seeing extreme detail in your daily routine.